- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1/4 cup minced yellow or white onion
- 1 packed cup aged kimchi (cut into bite-size pieces)
- 2 cups chicken stock
- 1 tablespoons Korean red pepper paste (Gochujang)
- 2 tablespoons Korean red pepper flakes (Gochugaru)
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon granulated white sugar or mirin
- 1 package soft tofu (cut into cubes)
- Handful large prawns and/or clams (4-6 each)
- 1 small bunch mushroom of your choice (slice large mushrooms)
- 2 eggs
- 1 green onion (thinly slice)
1. Sauté garlic and onions until fragrant.
2. Add kimchi. Saute until limp. Transfer to your VitaClay
3. Add chicken stock. Add tofu, prawns, clams, mushrooms and crack 2 eggs on top.
4. set on “stew” or “fast” for 30 minutes.
5. Season with red pepper paste, flakes, soy sauce and sugar/mirin. Adjust level of spiciness as needed.
Garnish with green onions and serve with your favorite clay pot rice immediately.
Image courtesy from vickypham.com