Rice recipes suitable ONLY for VF7700 and VM7900 Models with "rice" function.
Oriental Wehani Rice Salad can be prepared and served hot as a side dish with a protein like; duck, chicken of fish. It can also be served cold as a salad.
- 2 cups Lundberg Farms Wehani Rice
- 1 cup sliced green onion
- 4 cups of water (2 cups per 1 cup of rice)
- 1 cup Craisins
- 1 1/2 cup pomegranate seeds (optional)
- 1 cup dried apricot
- 1 cup chopped cilantro
- 1 cup diced yellow bell pepper
- 1 to 2 cup sweet chili sauce
- Place 2 cups of uncooked rice and 4 cups of water into your VitaClay Cooker. Choose the rice setting and press start, this will cook for about 40 minutes.
- If serving as a salad, let rice cool and then add the rest of your ingredients except the chili sauce.
- At this time you can either add sauce to taste or refrigerate until needed for up to three days.
Yields about 6-8 servings