When it's chilly outside, there's not much I like more than a creamy, thick potato soup. If I see it on a menu at a restaurant, I will always order it.
Something about that thick, creamy goodness is so comforting and satisfying. The hints of green onion and bacon always add a savory, salty kick that I can't get enough of.
This potato cheese soup is just as good as the restaurant version, and it's so easy to make with VitaClay. I love that I can make this favorite in a big batch for even cheaper than it costs to get one bowl at my favorite restaurant. Everyone can enjoy and we even have leftovers!
- 4 c broth
- 1 c half and half
- 1 sweet onion, finely chopped
- 1 c broccoli, chopped
- 3/4 t salt
- 1/2 t black pepper
- 1/2 t smoked paprika
- 1/2 t dry mustard
- 1 lb potatoes cut into small cubes
- 1/2 cup cheddar cheese or Colby jack cheese, shredded
- chopped green onions, for garnish
- chopped crispy bacon, for garnish
- more cheese shreds, for garnish
- Combine all ingredients except cheese and garnishes in VitaClay cooker. Mix well.
- Cover and cook on the "soup" setting for 1 hour or until the potatoes are tender. Check mid-way, stirring to ensure potatoes don't stick to the bottom.
- For a thick, smooth texture, puree using an immersion blender.
- Add cheese and stir until melted.
- Garnish with green onions, bacon and more cheese