Hearty and Flavorful for Sure! This is a simple, hearty, comforting and absolutely delicious soup. No one will ever know the idea come from a weight watchers recipe. I haven't calculated the points value for my version but since I only tweaked it a bit there shouldn't be much difference. The original recipe states 4 points per serving, so I'm thinking just add one more point to be safe. That is if you are in fact tracking points.
- 1 sweet onion, finely chopped
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon dry mustard
- 1 pound potatoes cut into small cubes
- 4 cups vegetable broth
- 1/2 cup low fat cheddar cheese or Colby jack cheese
- 1 cup of chopped broccoli
- Combine onion, salt, pepper, paprika, dry mustard, potatoes, broccoli, half and half and broth in your VitaClay slow cooker. Mix well.
- Cover and cook on the "soup" setting for 1 hour or until the potatoes are tender.
- Add cheese and stir until fully melted.
- You can serve as is or puree in batches using your blender.
Garnish with a pinch of crushed thyme and a sprinkle of shredded low fat cheese. Feeds 6 hungry mouths.