This would be a great recipe to take to a dinner party for a potluck. Sides can include; cheese, sour cream, beans, rice, tortillas, etc. Also we included a recipe for your yummy leftovers.
- 1 ripe mango
- 1 ripe banana
- 1/3 cup brown sugar
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tablespoon salt
- 2 teaspoons chili powder
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 cup fresh lime juice
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 1/2 cup tequila (white or dark)
- 4 pounds boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 2 limes, cut into wedges
- cilantro for garnish
- In a blender or food processor , puree mango, banana, brown sugar, garlic, salt, pepper and chili powder, until smooth. Add the lime juice, chicken broth and tequila, process until blended.
- Slice the chicken into 3/4 inch strips and place into your VitaClay Rice n Slow cooker or Multi-cooker. Pour the puree over the chicken and gently mix.
- Cover and cook on the "stew" setting for 1 1/2 to 2 hours or until the chicken is cooked through. Be careful not to over cook the chicken, it will cause it to dry out.
- Remove chicken when done and arrange on a platter. Garnish with a squeeze of lime, a drizzle of cooking juice, and a sprig of cilantro. Eat with your favorite toppings with a tortilla or in a tortilla.