Suitable for VS7600, VM7900, VM7700series models.
Rice pudding is a delicious, satisfying treat traditionally made with rice, eggs and milk, flavored with vanilla, cinnamon, jam or brown sugar.
With VitaClay, this treat is easier to make than ever, and the clay really brings out a great texture and flavor .
The pineapple gives this hearty dish a tropical twist that really adds great flavor!
Make a big batch and portion it out for afternoon snack times over the week. I especially like it with brown rice, but it's equally good with white--just use your favorite rice and give it a shot!
- 1 3/4 c milk (can also use milk substitute such as rice, coconut or almond milk)
- 3 T vanilla extract
- 1 1/4 cups water
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 cup jasmine rice (or any long grain rice)
- 1/3 cup sugar ( coconut sugaris amazing in this recipe)
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 8 oz crushed pineapple
- 1/4 c pineapple juice
- 1 T ark rum
- Pour 1 cup of milk and the water into VitaClay
- Stir in the salt and rice.
- Cover and set to “stew" setting for 30 minutes.
- In a bowl whisk together the remaining milk, sugar, egg and vanilla.
- Stir in the egg mixture, pineapple, juice, and rum into the pot until combined.
- Let cook, stirring every couple minutes until the mixture comes to a simmer and starts to thicken. Turn off machine.
- Pudding will thicken as it cools. Mix well before serving.
- Garnish with coconut or pineapple if desired.
Serve warm or cold!
Makes about 8 servings.