Rice pudding is traditional made with rice, milk, cream, egg, and sugar and sometimes flavored with vanilla, nutmeg, cinnamon, or jam. It is normally prepared in either a saucepan or in the oven but i have formed a recipe that can be made in your VitaClay Slow Cooker . I have also added some fresh pineapple and juice to give the pudding a tropical twist.
- 1 3/4 cup of vanilla flavored milk (can also use rice, soy or almond milk)
- 1 1/4 cups water
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 cup jasmine rice (or any long grain rice)
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 4 oz egg substitute (can also use egg beater or eggs)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 8 oz of crushed pineapple
- 1/4 cup pineapple juice
- 1 tablespoon dark rum
- Pour 1 cup of milk/milk substitute and the water into you VitaClay Slow Cooker. Stirring the salt and rice. Cover and cook on the “rice” setting for 15 minutes.
- In a bowl whisk together the remaining milk, sugar, egg and vanilla.
- Stir in the egg mixture, pineapple, juice, and rum into your slow/rice cooker until well combined.
- Let cook, stirring every couple minutes until the mixture comes to a simmer and starts to thicken. At this time you can turn off your cooker.
- Pudding will thicken as it cools. Mix well before serving.
I prefer to have my rice pudding warm
but you can serve it cold as well. You can also garnish with a bit of coconut and or pineapple.