This type of recipe is not easily found, especially not the good ones. But this recipe is one among the best in the group and offers you a meal like no other not to mention the experience your taste buds will have. Nutritional wise, the dish is full of vital health minerals that your body requires for better growth and functioning. It is also a better choice for that special occasion.
Pheasant with Mushrooms and Olives recipe
- 1 cup sliced mini mushrooms
- 1 tablespoon chopped garlic
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- ¾ cup all purpose flour
- ¼ teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 onion , sliced into rings
- ½ cup sliced black olives
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 1 cup white wine
- 2 pheasants (rinsed, patted dry and cut into pieces)
- In a reseal able plastic bag place the flour, salt and pepper and shake to mix. When done place the pheasant pieces into the flour and shake until they are evenly coated.
- Over medium high heat, heat the olive oil in a large skillet. When ready shake any excess flour on the pheasant pieces and gently place them in the hot oil. Cook until brown on both sides, at least 3 minutes per side.
- Now place the pheasant in the slow cooker and use the remaining oil in the skillet to cook the onions until they soften, about 3 minutes. Stir in the mushrooms and garlic. Cook stirring until the mushrooms are soft and the garlic has mellowed this should be at least for 5 minutes.
- Pour the wine in the skillet and allow to boil for five minutes, then pour the chicken broth and continue boiling.
- Pour the mushroom mixture into the slow cooker and sprinkle with the sliced black olives. Cover with a lid and cook on for 1 ½ - 2 hours
- Serve and enjoy.
Yield: 6 servings