Voila! Long-grain Rice And Orzo Are Simmered In Chicken Broth With Hazelnuts And Mushrooms And Seasoned With Parsley And Marjoram. We created this to incorporate two of our favorites: hazelnuts and mushrooms. It combines rice, orzo pasta, and lots of other goodies - very delicious!
- 1/4 cup butter
- 1/2 cup uncooked long-grain rice
- 1/4 cup uncooked orzo pasta
- 1/2 cup sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1/4 cup minced celery
- 5 cups chicken broth
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
- 1/4 teaspoon dried marjoram
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1/2 cup chopped toasted hazelnuts
- Place a large skillet over medium-low heat. Melt butter, then sauté rice, orzo, mushrooms, onion, and celery. Stir constantly until rice is lightly browned.
- Transfer the above contents into your VitaClay cooker.
- Mix in chicken broth, parsley, marjoram, pepper, and hazelnuts. Set VitaClay cooker on “Stew” and cook for 30 minutes.
- Serve when the cooker switched to WARM cycle or let the pilaf stay in WARM cycle for 10 to 15 minutes before serving.
- Serves around 6 people, enjoy!