You can never get enough of this slow cooker recipe once you’ve experienced it. This dish will not only delight your taste buds but it will also provide your body with healthy micronutrients for your well-being as a slow cooker chicken dish!
- 1 tablespoon ground coriander
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 1 tablespoon kosher salt
- 1 tablespoon ground cumin
- 1 table spoon sugar
- 3 tablespoons heavy cream
- 4 cups crushed tomatoes
- 3 tablespoons garam masala
- 9 whole boneless chicken skinless thigh (about 2 lbs.)
- 1 cup nonfat plain Greek yoghurt
- 6 garlic cloves (peeled and minced)
- 1 piece fresh ginger (approximately 2-3 inches, peeled and grated or very finely minced)
- 1 whole jalapeno chilies (stem removed and pepper pieced several times with a knife)
- Cilantro (to garnish)
- 4 cups of cooked rice
- 1 large whole onions (peeled and diced)
- Start by preparing the chicken. Cut the chicken thighs into 1 – 1 ½ inch pieces and sprinkle coriander, cumin, and salt all over the chicken. Stir in the yogurt until all the pieces are coated evenly. When done place the chicken in the bottom of a 6-qt slow cooker and put the jalapeno on top of the chicken.
- For the sauce start by melting the butter on a separate medium sauté pan over medium high heat. When done add the onions, garlic, and salt. Stir and cook but continue frequent stirring until onions start to lightly brown around the edges.
- Then stir in the gaham masala and ginger and cook until it becomes fragrant this should take around a minute. Add the crushed tomatoes and sugar, stir well making sure the bottom of the pan is scrapped of any caramelized bits and bring to boil.
- You can now pour the sauce over the chicken in the slow cooker. Cover with a lid and cook on low heat for 2 ½ hours or until the chicken softens.
- You can now pour the heavy cream into the slow cooker and stir until everything is even in color. Replace the lid and allow cooking for 10 minutes or it turns bubbly around the edges.
- You can now serve with hot rice with a topping of chopped cilantro.
This wonderful dish serves 6 people. Do let us know how this slow cooker chicken curry dish turns out!