Indian flavors give this chicken meal that unforgettable experience you always yearn for. It is also loaded with nutrients that work well for the body and your general well-being. A single serving of this meal contains the following:
5.2 g saturated fats
19.0g total fat
33.8 g carbohydrates
26.7 g of protein
- 5 teaspoon curry powder
- 2 lbs. Skinless , boneless chicken thighs cut into 1 inch pieces)
- 3 garlic cloves (chopped)
- 1 medium onions (chopped)
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons ground ginger
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 1 bay leaf
- 29 oz of diced tomatoes (un-drained)
- ¼ teaspoon ground black pepper
- ¼ teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 30 oz garbanzo beans (rinsed and drained) i.e. chickpeas
- 9 oz of fresh spinach (optional)
- Cooked rice (hot but optional)
- Start by lightly coating a VitaClay slow cooker with non-sticky oil or cooking spray.
- When done add the chicken, onion and garlic to the slow cooker. Then add curry powder, ginger, salts and pepper to the slow cooker and toss in order to coat.
- Stir in the undrained tomato, drained beans, broth and bay leaf. Using a lid cover the mixture and cook for 2 – 2 ½ hours.
- Into the cooked stew stir the lime juice and after this also stir in the spinach leaves and let it stand or 2- 3 minutes for them to wilt.
- Serve with rice.
Yield: 8 servings