When this meal is prepared a single serving contains 730 calories and 54g proteins. We hope this is enough to light your fire for this sizzling curry recipe!
- 3 inch piece ginger root (peeled)
- ½ cup mild curry paste
- ¼ cup distilled white vinegar
- 2-4 garlic cloves
- 2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 1 ½ teaspoons ground cardamom
- ¾ teaspoons freshly ground black pepper
- 1- 2 dried red chilies
- 2 medium yellow onions (cut into half-moons and thinly sliced)
- 1 (3-4 pound) whole organic chicken ( skin removed and cut into 8 pieces)
- 2 teaspoons kosher salt
- 14 ½ oz of diced tomatoes or 1 medium cubed tomato
- Fresh cilantro or parsley for serving
- Using a food processor bowl or blender combine the curry paste, vinegar, garlic, ginger, tomatoes, cumin, cardamom, salt and pepper and process until it becomes a paste.
- In the slow cooker place the cut chicken and when done halve the onions and thinly slice them.
- On top of the chicken layer the onions and pour the sauce over it. But in case you are using dried chilies place into the slow cooker.
- Cover with a lid and cook for 2 hours.
- When ready serve with coarsely chopped cilantro (this dish can also be enjoyed with spiced coconut rice or toasted garlic and parsley quinoa)
Yield: 6 servings