Have you ever thought of eating a food version of your mixed drink? Probably not, but here it is!
This hot pineapple desert is a unique and tasty treat. Making this desert in the VitaClay slow cooker enhances the flavor and brings out the natural sweetness of the fruit. Enjoy by itself or with a scoop of vanilla ice cream. Full of flavor without the calories!
- 3 tablespoons coconut rum
- 1 fresh pineapple, peeled and quartered lengthwise.
- 2 tablespoons pineapple juice
- zest and juice of one lime
- ½ to 1 teaspoon of vanilla
- 4 tablespoons toasted coconut flakes for garnish
- In a small bowl whisk together the rum, lime juice, lime zest and the vanilla
- Lay the pineapple pieces in the VitaClay slow cooker and pour the rum sauce evenly over the pineapple.
- Cover and cook on the "soup" setting for 1 hour or until the pineapple is tender.
- Garnish with the toasted coconut flakes and serve.
- Goes great with a scoop of vanilla ice-cream!
Yields about 6-8 servings