If you’re expecting guests or throwing a hearty party at your house anytime soon, why not try this fresh slow cooked OssoBuco with Lemon Gremolata recipe for a change?
- 1/3 lb of dried porcini mushrooms
- ½ tsp freshly ground black pepper
- 6 to 8 sliced veal shanks
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 250ml boiling water
- 50ml flour
- 1 tablespoon salt
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 3 leeks, cleaned and thinly sliced (white part only)
- 2 peeled and finely chopped carrots
- ½ cup of dry white wine
- 2 stalks celery, finely chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme (you can use 2 sprigs fresh thyme in its place Lemon Gremolata)
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- A few touches of finely chopped parsley
- Grated zest of 1 lemon
- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- mix flour, salt, black pepper in a bowl and set them aside
- Heat oil and butter in medium heat in a large skillet; add veal and cook until brown on both side.
- Transfer it to a VitaClay slow cooker.
- In a cooking pan, add leeks, carrots and celery. Let vegetables cook to softness before adding thyme and reserved mushrooms as well as garlic until tender. Add wine to this mixture in addition to the reserved mushroom liquid and bring them to boil.
- Pour this mixture into the Viatclay slow cooker, cover and set the timer to 2 hours.
While serving this delicious meal, combine your garlic, olive oil and lemon zest in a small bowl so that your party guest can garnish on their own.