Did you know you can take less than 2.5 hours to prepare hummus? It’s just a matter of finding the best dried chick peas and all the ingredients to make cooking easy. Armed with your VitaClay slow cooker, you are set to prepare hummus and have your friends over for dinner. Just follow these tips to achieve these colorful, nutritious meal.
Ingredients Original recipe yields 3-4 cups of hummus
4-Step directions for preparing your own hummus
- 1 ½ cup dried chick peas
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 1-2 teaspoons diced garlic
- ¼ cup olive oil
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- ¼ cup lemon juice
- 1/3 cup of juices reserved from draining cooked chick pea
- Put dried chick peas into your VitaClay slow cooker.
- Add enough water until the peas are covered.
- Set the timer of your VitaClay slow cooker for 2 hours.
- Check to see if the water level has lowered, add some more until the chick peas are soft.
After 2 hours, your chick peas are ready. Add sea salt, garlic, olive oil, cumin and lemon juice and blend in the food processor. Add 1/3 cup of reserved juices, blend until it is smooth. If you don’t have a VitaClay slow cooker yet, just follow the link below.