Shredded Chicken Tacos with VitaClay
Courtesy of Simply Recipes
2 Tbsp chili powder
2 teaspoons ground cumin
1 teaspoon kosher salt
1 1/2 teaspoons dried oregano, crumbled fine between your hands
1 teaspoon onion powder
1 teaspoon garlic powder
1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1/4 teaspoon allspice (can sub a scant pinch of ground cloves)
1/4 teaspoon cayenne (optional, add more or less depending on how much heat you want) The chicken:
2 pounds boneless skinless chicken thighs (do not remove excess fat)
6 ounces (3/4 cup) chicken broth
2 Tbsp tomato paste
Finely shredded cabbage
Thinly sliced radishes
Cilantro Lime wedges
Directions 1) Whisk the rub ingredients together in a bowl
2) Dredge the boneless skinless chicken thighs in the rub.
3) Place the chicken thighs in VitaClay pot.
4) Pour the pineapple juice over the chicken. Add the tomato paste and water to the juice.
5) Cover with VitaClay lid and set to "Fast" for 1 Hour, or "Slow" for 2 Hours.
6) When the chicken is done, it should be fork tender. Remove Chicken from the VitaClay pot and in a separate bowl use two forks to shred the meat completely.
7) Add desired amount of leftover cooking marinade to the shredded chicken.
8) Use the taco meat with heated and softened corn tortillas, sprinkle with lime juice, adding garnishes of finely shredded cabbage, thinly sliced radishes, avocado, and cilantro.
9) Optional - Serve with Cilantro Lime Rice Enjoy!
Comments will be approved before showing up.