Here is the delicious ROMANO'S MACARONI GRILL CHICKEN SCALOPPINE recipe made in VitaClay-- we converted and used almost the same ingredients (as food.com) but healthier and easier to make in VitaClay.
The total cooking time is about 30-40 minutes.
LEMON BUTTER SAUCE
- 4 ounces lemon juice
- 2 ounces white wine
- 4 ounces heavy cream
- 1 1/2 sticks butter (healthier version)
CHICKEN AND PASTA
- 6 -8 chicken tenders (3-ounces each)
- Oil and butter, for sautéing chicken
- 2 3⁄4cups flour, seasoned with salt and pepper, for dredging
- 6 ounces pancetta or Canadian bacon, cooked
- 12 ounces mushroom, sliced
- 12 ounces artichoke hearts, sliced
- 1 tablespoon capers
- 1 lb capellini pasta, cooked
- chopped parsley, for garnish
- Cook pasta until half way cooked and drain.
- Heat a small amount of oil and two tablespoons butter in a large skillet.
- Coat chicken with flour and sauté in pan until brown. Remove from the heat and set aside.
- Add all ingredients to your vitaclay pot except chicken and pasta.
- Set on “Stew” to cook for 30 minutes.
- At the last 10 minutes of cooking, add chicken and half way cooked pasta in the pot, continue to cook for the rest of 10 minutes or until chicken is cooked through.
- Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Place cooked pasta on each plate.
- Place chicken mixture over pasta.
- Add a little more sauce to each.
- Garnish with parsley.
image courtesy: Food.com