If you already love pulled chicken, why not try it in a VitaClay slow cooker w hich not only makes it tender, but also keeps its delicious, melt–in-your-mouth flavor?
This recipe will help you prepare delicious pulled chicken sandwiches for your family without the extra wait time you’d require with conventional slow cookers for the same taste.
- 1 medium onion or 1 ⁄ 2 large onion, thinly sliced
- 3 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 1 cup ketchup
- 2 tablespoons cider vinegar
- 2 tablespoons molasses
- 1 tablespoon yellow mustard
- 1 ⁄ 4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 ⁄ 4 teaspoon cumin
- 1 ⁄ 2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 ⁄ 2 teaspoon Tabasco sauce
- 1 pinch salt
Steps to follow when preparing pulled chicken sandwiches
- Place onion in your VitaClay slow cooker. Heat your nonstick skillet over medium-high heat before adding oil and then swirling to coat. Add half of chicken, and cook 3 to 4 minutes on each side or until golden brown. Place your chicken in a single layer on top of the onion. Repeat this procedure for the remaining chicken.
- Combine the cup of ketchup and the other ingredients including hot sauce.
- Pour these over chicken.
- Cover then set your slow cooker timer for 2 hours until the chicken is tender and its sauce, thick.
Once cooked, remove the chicken from the VitaClay slow cooker and shred it using 2 forks as you stir into the sauce.
All you have to do to make your sandwich is to spoon ¾ cup chicken mixture into the bottom of each bun, and eat it!