So, it's the weekend.
Maybe you're trying to think of a really great family dinner to cook, or maybe you're having a dinner party and need the perfect entree.
This pork tenderloin with sauerkraut calls for peach flavored iced tea (I just use a ready-to-drink bottle), and it adds a really subtle but unique flavor to the whole meal.
And just like all of the other meals cooked in VitaClay, the flavors and textures you get when cooking in clay can't compare to other slow cookers or other cookware.
If you decide to bring this as a main dish to your next pot-luck, I guarantee you will have people asking for the recipe. And whether you give it to them.. I guess that's up to you.
- 1 pork tenderloin (about 3 lb)
- 1 red onion, diced
- 2 lb sauerkraut*
- ¼ c coconut sugar (optional)
- 2 green apples, cored, peeled and sliced
- 16 oz peach flavored iced tea
- salt and pepper, to taste
*Of course you can buy sauerkraut in the grocery store, but I love to make my own—and the VitaClay pot can be the perfect fermentation crock as well. Sauerkraut is really easy to make, and it's also super nutritious, with tons of great probiotics and enzymes.
- Add the onion and apples to the clay pot
- Place the pork tenderloin on top of the other ingredients
- Sprinkle the coconut sugar over the roast (optional)
- Pour the tea over all of the ingredients
- Cover, seal and cook on "stew" setting in the slow cooker menu for 2 hours
- Serve over sauerkraut with the tea-sauce drizzled over the sliced tenderloin.
- Serve with a side of mashed potatoes or keep it low-carb as-is.