Suitable for VitaClay VF7700 and VM7900 models. Image Courtesy of Bon Appetit
Pork, like turkey, is a white meat that has a rich, savory, salty flavor that pairs really well with just a hint of sweetness. Pork tenderloins make a delicious and satisfying dinner, and this cocoa-cherry combination really brings out flavors that are unique and delicious.
If you have a special dinner occasion coming up give this tasty recipe a try in VitaClay: your Personal Chef.
Ingredients for Chocolate Cherry Pork Tenderloin:
- 2 pork tenderloins (1+ lbs each)
- 2 T cacao powder (or unsweetened cocoa powder)
- 1 T ground ancho chile pepper
- 1 t ground cumin
- 1 t ground black pepper
- ½ t ground chipotle pepper (dry)
- Real salt to taste
- 2 T bacon grease or coconut oil
- 1/3 c cherry jam or preserves
- 1/3 c vinegar
- 1/3 c broth
- 1 pinch oregano (dry)
Directions for Chocolate Cherry Pork Tenderloin:
- Mix dry ingredients well in a small bowl
- Rub mixed dry ingredients on tenderloins
- Using oil, brown tenderloins in a hot skillet, about 4 minutes each side
- Mix vinegar, oregano, broth and cherry preserves in VitaClay pot and set to “stew” for 10 minutes until tenderloins are ready.
- Add tenderloins to VitaClay cooker and ladle sauce over the top
- Set VitaClay to “stew” and cook 40 minutes, until tenderloins are cooked through the middle.
- Slice tenderloins and serve over a bed of mashed potatoes and a side of veggies. Spoon sauce over meat slices.