Suitable for VitaClay Models VF7700 and VM7900 series ONLY.
Cafeteria meals get old after a while, and sometimes you’d rather just stay at home and study or relax instead of going out to eat again. Besides spending more money, eating out meal after meal can take a toll—restaurant food is not usually the healthiest of options, and sometimes you just crave simplicity and a warm bowl at home.
VitaClay is here to help! Whether you are in the dorm or an apartment, VitaClay is a great way to cook at your home-away-from-home while you’re at college. Not only does it make cooking easy, one-pot meals are a breeze in VitaClay—and the results are amazing every time.
But hey, don’t blame us if all of your neighbors come knocking on your door, wondering what that great smell is. You may just have to start feeding your friends as well.
Stay tuned for more dorm-friendly fare and one-pot meals from VitaClay, your personal chef!
- 2-3 links (about 8 oz), cut in 1/4″ slices
- 2 large tomatoes, diced (or one can)
- 1 bag mixed frozen veggies (carrots, onions, peppers are great)
- 1 T steak sauce
- 1 bay leaf or ½ t dried thyme
- 1 t sugar (coconut sugar is awesome)
- 2 t sea salt
- ¼ to ½ t hot pepper sauce
- 1-2 c uncooked rice (rinse & soak it!)
- 2-4 cups broth or stock (about twice as much broth as rice)
- several sprigs chopped parsley (optional)
- Combine sausage, veggies, salt, broth, steak sauce, bay leaf, sugar and hot pepper sauce in clay pot.
- Stir in the uncooked rice (pre-soaked is best)
- Cover and cook on "rice" setting--white or brown depending on type.
- Set delay timer to have it ready when you get home.
- Quick game: find and remove bay leaf!
- Stir in parsley if desired.