Are you stuck in a rut when it comes to week-night dinners?
Do you need a quick, easy meal that you can quickly prep and that will be ready to eat when you get home from work?
How about a delicious one-pot meal that requires minimal prep work, cleans up quickly and tastes amazing? Just grab your favorite rice and your favorite sausage and a few more ingredients and you're there! Never resort to pulling through the drive-through again. When you have VitaClay, there is no need! We make quick, delicious and nutritious affordable meals easy!
- 16oz Kielbasa (or other) sausage, cut in 1/4″ slices
- 2 large tomatoes, diced
- 1 onion, diced
- ½ green or red pepper, diced
- 2 celery stalks, thinly sliced
- carrots or other veggies, chopped
- 3.5 c broth
- 1 T steak sauce
- 1 bay leaf or ½ t dried thyme
- 1 t sugar (coconut sugar is awesome)
- 2 t sea salt
- ¼ to ½ t hot pepper sauce
- 1-2 c uncooked rice (soak it!)
- several sprigs chopped parsley (optional)
- Combine sausage, veggies, salt, broth, steak sauce, bay leaf, sugar and hot pepper sauce in clay pot.
- Stir in the uncooked rice (pre-soaked is best)
- Cover and cook on "rice" setting--white or brown depending on type.
- Set delay timer to have it ready when you get home.
- Quick game: find and remove bay leaf!
- Stir in parsley if desired.