Indians have had a love affair with Chickpeas. Chickpeas are prepared in a number of ways across the Indian subcontinent. A large percentage of Indian population is vegetarian. No wonder, they use chickpeas generously in their diet as a rich source of proteins. Here's are a few more nutritional advantages of Chickpeas:
- Rich in both soluble and insoluble dietary fiber chickpeas help in weight loss
- They are an excellent source of protein that is comparable to meat or dairy without having to suffer high calories and saturated fats
- Especially for women they provide antioxidants. preventing breast cancer, fortifying against osteoporosis. Also known to lower post-menopausal hot flushes
Do you have a busy lifestyle yet want to switch to a healthy nutrition? Try this chickpeas curry cooked in Vitaclay slow cooker. We are sure it will feature regularly on your menu.
Vegetables and chickpeas curry Ingredients
- Use a nonstick pan to heat oil on medium
- Insert onions and carrots and cover. Cook for about 5 minutes
- Once tender sprinkle curry powder add sugar, ginger, garlic, and chilli
- Stir constantly and cook for about 1 minute
- Place this onion concoction in your Vitaclay slow cooker. Add chickpeas while stirring the mix and other 8 ingredients (including broth).
- Cover the slow cooker and cook on HIGH for about 6 hours or until ingredients are tender.
- Finally add spinach and coconut milk while stirring until spinach softens.
How to serve Vegetable and Chickpea Curry?
Just like most Indian curries, add freshly chopped coriander to the curry before serving. This adds greatly to the aroma. It is also a good idea to serve the curry with with lemon wedges. We would be waiting for your feedback on how you enjoyed this curry.