This veggie-good “fried rice” recipe is made with free range eggs, edamame and onion. I substituted rice with superfood Quinoa millet and cooked it in broth in VitaClay rice cooking for 20 minutes. Look at the outcome- a nutrient-dense one-pot meal for my family! This is great for keeping your carb intake and weight down. Enjoy being healthy with VitaClay!
- 1/2 cup quinoa
- 1/2 millets
- 1.5 cups broth or water
- 1-2 cups edamame
- 4 eggs
- 1 chopped onion
- 1 -2 tablespoon soy sauce
- Sea salt pepper to taste
- 2-3 tablespoons cooking oil
1. Add quinoa, millets, and water in your clay pot.
2. Set on white rice setting to cook.
3. In a medium nonstick over medium heat, melt butter (or heat oil). Crack eggs into the pan. Cook 3 minutes, or until white is set. Flip and cook 4 to 5 minutes more, until the yolk is completely set. Break eggs in bite sizes. Transfer to mix with quinoa millet.
4. Add onions and 1 tablespoon oil or butter in the same pan to sauté, until onion becomes translucent. Add cooked edamame and soy sauce then stir for a few minutes. Transfer to your quinoa clay pot and mix well.
5. Adjust taste with salt and pepper. Garnish with cilantro or green onion.