- 1 onion, coarsely chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 1 red bell pepper, chopped or sliced in strips
- 2 tomatoes, chopped
- 1 teaspoon whole or ground cumin seeds
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1 teaspoon turmeric
- 1 cinnamon stick
- 1 tablespoon homemade harrissa (see below)
- 1/2 cup white wine
- 1/2 cup fish broth
- 1 pinch of saffron (steeped in hot broth)
- 11/2 pound mixed firm fish fillets to your choice, seasoned with salt and pepper
- 2 preserved lemons, chopped
- 12 green olives, stoned and roughly chopped
- a bunch of cilantro, finely chopped
For the home-made harrissa:
- 3 fresh red chilies, roughly chopped
- 3 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 1-2 lemons, juice and zest
- 4 tablespoons
- olive oil
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
Put the chilies, garlic, lemon juice and olive oil into a food processor or mortar and pester, and blend into a rough paste.
Makes 6 servings.
- Add all of the above ingredients to VitaClay® Pot.
- Cover and Set on Slow Cooking-Stew to cook for about 30 to 60 minutes or until fish becomes flaky. When ready to serve blend in chopped cilantro and a few sprigs on top for garnish. Make sure that olives and preserved lemons are visible when serving.
- Serve on a bed of steamed couscous.