Making red sauces from scratch can be a time-consuming and daunting task, but not with VitaClay! No more slaving over a hot stove or heating up the house for hours on end, only to end up with a burned, sticky mess at the bottom of the pot, and maybe even a burney-tasting red sauce.
VitaClay cooks faster, more efficiently, and without heating up the kitchen, every time! Plus you can safely leave the house while it's cooking, or let it cook your food overnight!
So any time you want to cook up something time-consuming, look to VitaClay to be your personal chef!
Ingredients for Meaty American Red Sauce in Clay:
Directions for Meaty American Red Sauce in Clay:
- 1-2 lb ground beef (100% grass-fed or organic is best)
- 1 c broth
- 4-5 tomatoes, chopped or crushed (with juices)
- 1 red onion, chopped
- 1 bell pepper, seeded and diced
- 2 stalks celery, chopped
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- salt and pepper, to taste
- ½ t dried oregano
- 6 oz tomato paste
- 1 T Worcestershire sauce
- 1 T organic sugar (coconut sugar rocks)
- 1 bay leaf
- Add all ingredients into VitaClay pot; stir well to incorporate and to break up the ground beef into small bits
- Close, seal and set to “stew” for 1 hour
- Serve or jar and refrigerate. Sauce will keep up to 2 weeks in the refrigerator.
- You can freeze it to make it last longer