30 minutes Jambalaya soup.
RECIPE COURTESY OF FOOD NETWORK KITCHEN. We made it in vitaclay. Yummy
3 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil 3 chicken and/or turkey andouille
sausages (about 12 ounces), halved lengthwise and sliced
4 scallions, chopped (white and green parts separated)
1 stalk celery, chopped
1 red bell pepper, chopped
3 cloves garlic, finely chopped
1 teaspoon Cajun seasoning
4 cups low-sodium chicken broth
1 cup long-grain white rice
14 oz no-salt-added diced tomatoes
1 bay leaf
Cornbread, for serving
1. Add 1 1/2 cups water, the chicken broth, rice, tomatoes and bay leaf.
2. Set on stew to cook rice for 40 minutes.
3. While cooking rice, heat a sauce pan over medium-high heat; add the olive oil. Add the sausages and cook, stirring occasionally, until lightly browned, about 3 minutes. Add the scallion whites, celery and bell pepper to the pot. Cook, stirring occasionally, until softened, about 2 minutes. Add the garlic and Cajun seasoning; cook 1 minute.
4. Transfer the mixture to your vitaclay and season with salt. Discard the bay leaf.
5. Top the soup with the scallion greens and serve with cornbread.
Comments will be approved before showing up.