All the flavor of the fried, buttery, garlicky, and spicy buffalo wings without the guilt. The quinoa makes the perfect canvas to highlight all these amazing flavors. This recipe will be a permanent staple to your game day buffet, guaranteed! This is a great one pot meal that is made right in your VitaClay slow cooker.
Don't forget the blue cheese!
- 2 cup thoroughly rinsed quinoa
- 3 ½ cups water
- 1 ½ to 2 pounds of boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 1 1/3 cup hot sauce
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 1 teaspoon seasoned salt
- ¾ cup blue cheese crumbles
- ½ cup green onion, chopped
- Place the quinoa, water, 1/2 cup hot sauce, garlic and 1 tablespoon of butter to your VitaClay slow cooker.
- Cover and cook on the "Rice" setting.
- After about 15 minutes of cooking add the chicken and top with another 1/2 cup of hot sauce. Cover again and continue cooking.
- In a small bowl melt the remaining butter and whisk that together with the remaining hot sauce and the seasoned salt. Set aside.
- When your cooker beeps and cooking time is complete, check the chicken to make sure it’s cooked through. Shred or cut the chicken into cubes and return it to the slow cooker. Add the blue cheese, green onion and the butter hot sauce dressing. Mix well and serve.
- Can use a little chopped green onion and clue cheese for individual garnish. Yields about 4-6 servings