Suitable for VitaClay machines with rice functions ONLY: VF7700, VM7900
All the flavor of the fried, buttery, garlicky, and spicy buffalo wings without the guilt. The quinoa makes the perfect canvas to highlight all these amazing flavors. This recipe will be a permanent staple to your game day buffet, guaranteed! This is a great one pot meal that is made easily right in your VitaClay cooker.
Don't forget the blue cheese!
- 2 cup thoroughly rinsed quinoa
- 3 ½ cups water or broth (make your own with recipe below!)
- 1 ½ to 2 pounds of chicken meat, diced
- 1 1/3 cup hot sauce
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 1 teaspoon seasoned salt
- ¾ cup blue cheese crumbles
- ½ cup green onion, chopped
- Place the quinoa, water, 1/2 cup hot sauce, garlic and 1 tablespoon of butter to your VitaClay slow cooker.
- Cover and cook on the "Rice" setting.
- After about 15 minutes of cooking add the chicken and top with another 1/2 cup of hot sauce. Cover again and continue cooking.
- In a small bowl melt the remaining butter and whisk that together with the remaining hot sauce and the seasoned salt. Set aside.
- When your cooker beeps and cooking time is complete, allow it to rest on warm for about 10 minutes without opening it.
- Add the blue cheese, green onion and the butter hot sauce dressing. Mix well and serve.
- Can use a little chopped green onion and clue cheese for additional garnish.
- Yields about 4-6 servings
Here's the recipe for bone broth promised above: