French green beans with shallots, fresh made in VitaClay in 20-30 minutes, a perfect holiday side dish! Depending on amount of beans to make! The smaller amount the less time to cook.
- 3 cups water
- 1 pound very small, firm green beans, cleaned
- 3 tablespoons butter or olive oil
- 3 tablespoons peeled and chopped shallots
- ¼ teaspoon salt, or to taste
- ¼ teaspoon freshly ground black pepper, or to taste
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- Add water green beans in your clay pot. Set on stew or fast to cook for 20 minutes.
- At serving time, heat the butter or olive oil in a skillet, add the shallots and saute for about 1 minute, until the shallots start to brown.
- Add the beans, salt and pepper, and saute briefly. Sprinkle with lemon juice and serve with the chicken.