Love seafood but think you have to go to an expensive seafood restaurant to enjoy a great bisque?
Think again. VitaClay makes this formerly daunting recipe quick and easy--great for a light meal or an appetizer for a killer dinner party.
Crab is a special treat that makes this soup pop like nothing else. Your guests will love it, and it will become a family favorite in no time.
- 2 c broth
- 2 T butter
- 10 oz. crabmeat (fresh)
- 1 tomato (seeded chopped about 12 cup)
- 3 T chopped fresh basil
- 2 garlic cloves (minced)
- ½ c all-purpose flour (use tapioca or another starch if gluten free)
- 1/2 c tomato sauce
- 1 c whipping cream
- ¼ c ketchup
- ¼ c bottled clam juice
- 2 t old bay seasoning (your favorite mixed spice blend will do)
- ¼ t hot pepper sauce
- ¾ c water
- 2 T fresh lemon juice
- Add broth, butter, 3/4 of crabmeat, tomato, 1/3 cup chopped fresh basil, and garlic to the VitaClay pot.
- Set to "stew" and allow to heat up and cook for about 10 minutes.
- Whisk in flour; stir 2 minutes.
- Whisk in tomato sauce and next 5 ingredients.
- Cover, seal and allow to simmer until slightly thickened, about 10 minutes.
- Cancel the heat and open the pot for a few minutes until slightly cooled.
- Using a hand immersion blender, puree soup in batches in blender until smooth.
- Stir in another 1/2 cup broth and lemon juice; bring to simmer.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- (Can be made 1 day ahead. Chill uncovered until cold, then cover and keep refrigerated. Bring to simmer before continuing.)
- Divide soup among 6 bowls.
- Sprinkle with remaining crab and 3 tablespoons basil and serve.