Love lentils? Wish you knew how to make an authentic curry lentil dish at home, without any store-bought pastes or preservatives? If so, this recipe is for you. And with VitaClay dinner is done in an hour--while you do something else.
- 2 cups lentils
- if soaking: 4 cups of water and a pinch of salt and/or a bit of whey
- for cooking: 4 cups broth
- 1-2 teaspoons turmeric
- 1-2 teaspoons curry powder
- 1 Tablespoon coconut oil
- cayenne pepper if you like it hot
- 3-4 pieces thinly sliced ginger
- 1-2 cloves garlic, minced
- mushrooms (optional)
- onions (optional)
- salt to taste
- sour cream or greek yogurt
- If you'd like to soak your lentils (some say it's best to release the most nutrients), pour lentils and water (with salt and/or whey added) into clay pot, place in cooker on "warm" for several hours.
- Rinse, then return lentils to clay pot. Add broth, spices, ginger, garlic and veggies.
- Cook on "slow cooking" "stew" option for 1-2 hours. When the whole dish is heated (after 20 minutes or so), stir in the coconut oil. (It will melt and be easy to stir in)
- Go play or catch up on stuff.
- When the cooking is finished, add salt to taste (if using store-bought broth it may already have enough salt, so be sure to taste it).
- Serve topped with sour cream or greek yogurt.