Need some quick, easy, yummy ideas for dinners as we head into the new year and back to our lives “as usual?” Casseroles are a breeze in VitaClay and unlike conventional slow cookers, the texture and shape holds up really well.
For example, in this corn tortilla enchilada casserole, the tortillas don’t get soggy, and the ingredients stay layered and taste amazing!
- 2 lb shredded chicken (leftovers from a roasted or rotisserie chicken work great)
- 1 can enchilada sauce (or make your own!)
- 22 oz of cream of chicken, mushroom or celery soup
- 4.25 oz of black olives, sliced
- 2 dozen corn tortillas (organic is best to avoid GMO corn)
- 1 large onion, chopped
- About 8 ounces of freshly shredded cheese
- Cut the tortillas into 8 wedges per tortilla.
- Combine the soup, olives and onions in a mixing bowl and stir it up!
- Begin layering the clay pot with enchilada sauce on the bottom
- Add tortillas, soup, chicken and cheese
- Make a few more layers in that order, and top it all off with a lot of cheese
- Cover it, close up the pot and set to “stew,” cooking for about 2 hours
- Served it up in shallow bowls and top with sour cream, guacamole and/or cilantro!
We'll be adding more casserole, one-pot-meal, soup and stew recipes soon, so stay tuned and get cooking!