1. Sprinkle salt on sliced eggplant and let it sit for 30 minutes
2. Meanwhile, in a large skillet heat the 1/2 tablespoon oil over medium heat. Add the minced garlic, next ½ teaspoon kosher salt, and oregano. Cook for another 2 minutes. Remove the pan from the heat. Add the marinara pasta sauce and stir to combine.
3. Sauté green pepper and red pepper with olive oil in a saucepan until peppers become soft. Remove from the pan. Add the sliced mushrooms and oil and Sauté until the mushrooms are soft, about 7 minutes.
4. In a large bowl add the ricotta, 1/4 cup Parmesan, egg, and remaining 1/2 teaspoon salt and remaining 1/4 teaspoon pepper. Mix well, until the mixture is evenly combined.
5. Spoon half of the marinara sauce on the bottom of your clay pot and spread it into an even layer. Lay 4 eggplant slices then mushroom slices by all of the ricotta mixtures. Layer on another 4 slices of eggplant then pepper slices on top followed and finish with the remaining marinara sauce. (Add Lasagna noodle, optional). Top with the mozzarella and remaining ¼ cup Parmesan.
6. Set on stew to cook for 30 minutes or until the lasagna is hot and bubbly.
7. (Optional) bake for an additional 15 minutes so that the cheese on top becomes a delicious golden brown. After removing from the oven, sprinkle with fresh herbs and letit sit for 10 minutes.
Comments will be approved before showing up.