Ingredients for Artichoke Risotto
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/2 yellow onion, finely chopped 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 cups Arborio rice
- 1 cup dry white wine 6 cups chicken stock
- 4 cooked small artichokes, quartered or 2 cooked large artichokes hearts, sliced 1/4 cup unsalted butter
- 6 tablespoons freshly grated Parmigiano-Reggiano cheese, plus more for garnish Salt and freshly ground black pepper
Directions for Artichoke Risotto
- Heat a large sauté pan over medium-high heat and add the oil. Add the onion and garlic and saute, stirring frequently , for about 10 minutes, until lightly browned. Add the rice and stir for 1 minute,
- or untilopaque . Add the wine and cook for about 10 minutes, until the liquid is reduced by two-thirds.
- Transfer the rice mixture to the VitaClayTM pot and add the stock and artichokes. Cover and cook on Rice Cooking - Regular , until cooking complete at sound of beep. Stir in the butter, cheese, salt, and pepper to taste just before serving.
- Transfer to a warmed serving dish and garnishwith cheese. Serve immediately.