Whoever says that vegetarianism was boring has obviously not tried this wonderful dish with an Indian kick! You have been warned!
- 1 c Lentils
- 2 T Sambar Masala
- 1 c water or broth
- ½ c chopped eggplant (cut into 2"cubes)
- ½ c chopped potato (cut into 1"cubes)
- 5 pearl onions, peeled and cored
- 5-6 baby okra
- ¼ cup pumpkin
- 1 T tamarind
- 5 T clarified butter
- ½ t mustard seeds
- 4-5 curry leaves
- 1-2 dry red chillies
- Salt to taste
- Chopped fresh coriander leaves
- Add the lentils and Sambar masala to the personal slow cooker with tamarind puree and water/broth, potatoes and other vegetables. Add salt to taste.
- Set cooker to high and cook for 1-2 hours.
- When it is almost finished cooking, heat the butter in a small pan and add the dry red chillies, mustard seeds and curry leaves. Fry till the spluttering stops and add to the lentil mixture. Mix well
- Garnish with chopped green coriander and serve hot with Idlis, Vadas or plain boiled rice.