This recipe is best made with our premium Smart Organic Multi-Cooker, Organic Clay Stock Pot, and our 3 in 1 Slow Cooker, Yogurt Maker, and Baby Food Maker:
Whoever says that vegetarianism was boring has obviously not tried this wonderful dish with an Indian kick--You've been warned! This wonderful lentils recipe is full of nutrients and fiber for all your needs throughout the day, and can lower cholesterol. Give it a try!
- 1 c Lentils
- 2 T Sambar Masala
- 4 c water or broth
- ½ c chopped eggplant (cut into 2"cubes)
- ½ c chopped potato (cut into 1"cubes)
- 5 pearl onions, peeled and cored
- 5-6 baby okra
- ¼ cup pumpkin
- 1 T tamarind
- 5 T clarified butter
- ½ t mustard seeds
- 4-5 curry leaves
- 1-2 dry red chillies
- Salt to taste
- Chopped fresh coriander leaves
Directions for Lentils Recipe:
- Add the lentils and Sambar masala to the personal slow cooker with tamarind puree and water/broth, potatoes and other vegetables. Add salt to taste.
- Set cooker to high and cook for 1-2 hours.
- When it is almost finished cooking, heat the butter in a small pan and add the dry red chillies, mustard seeds and curry leaves. Fry till the spluttering stops and add to the lentil mixture. Mix lentils well.
- Garnish with chopped green coriander and serve hot with Idlis, Vadas or plain boiled rice.
You just made easy Indian Spiced Lentils from this super easy and intuitive lentils recipe!