Recipe Courtesy of Food and Wine converted to VitaClay version / Image Courtesy of Monica Shaw
Spice up your holiday spread with this chile and ginger-laced accompaniment that can be served warm or chilled. It tastes great on post-holiday sandwiches, too!
- 2 large navel oranges
- 2 pounds fresh cranberries
- 1/2 cup water
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- 3/4 cup light brown sugar
- 1/4 cup minced fresh ginger
- Salt and freshly ground pepper
- Using a sharp knife, peel the oranges, removing all of the bitter white pith. Working over a bowl, cut in between the membranes to release the sections. Squeeze the juice from the membranes into the bowl. Cut the orange sections into 1-inch pieces.
- Combine all ingredients into VitaClay cooker (VM7900, VF7700 or VM7800)
- Cover and Set on “STEW” to cook for 20 minutes.
Let cool slightly, then season with salt and pepper. Serve warm or at room temperature.