This Tandoori Chicken recipe was converted from a pressure cooker recipe from ministryofcurry.com.
Cook time: 30 minutes
- 2 LB 8 Chicken drumsticks, skinned
- 1/2 cup plain yogurt Make It Dairy Free by using Coconut yogurt
- 1/2 tablespoon ginger grated
- 1/2 tablespoon garlic minced
- 1-2 tablespoon Kashmiri red chili powder or any mild red chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon turmeric
- 1-2 teaspoon garam masala
- 2 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon oil
- In a large bowl, add yogurt, ginger, garlic, red chili powder, turmeric, garam Marsala, salt, lemon juice and oil. Mix well.
- Pat dry skinned drumsticks with a paper towel. Put 2-3 slits on each drumstick and apply marinade all over the chicken. Allow the chicken to marinate up to 30 minutes or 24 hours in the refrigerator. Take the chicken out of the refrigerator 30 minutes prior to cooking.
- Add 1 cup water to your clay pot. Place a steam basket inside the clay pot. Arrange the marinated Chicken pieces on the steam basket.
- Cover with clay lid and set on “Stew” to cook for 40 mins
- (Optional) Broil the cooked chicken in a preheated oven for 5 minutes.
Enjoy Tandoori chicken with lime wedges and chutney over steamed rice or Pulao.
Image courtesy of ministryofcurry