Who doesn't like coming home and having your house filled with the aromas of cinnamon and spices. Put this recipe in your VitaClay slow cooker in the morning, set the delay timer and when you get home you will have roasted Cinnamon and Sugar apples ready for desert. Plus your home will smell amazing!! This is a simple recipe to make roasted apples in your slow cooker, just like grandma used to make it. This is one of those recipes that you can personalize to make your own.
- 4-5 of your favorite cooking apples (depends on how many will fit in your cooker)
- 2 Tablespoons of dried cranberries (can substitute with raisins)
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 1/4 cup white sugar
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/8 teaspoon all spice
- You can also add nuts (pecan, walnuts etc.)
- In a bowl combine the sugars, cinnamon all spice and cranberries. Add the nuts at this time also. Mix well.
- Core your apples and remove peel from the top half.
- Add 1/2 cup of water to the bottom of your VitaClay slow cooker.
- Arrange the apples in the slow cooker so that they all fut and aren't smashed together. Fill each apple with the sugar and spice mixture, packing it firmly.
- Top each apple with a pat of butter. About 1/2 a tablespoon each.
- Cover and cook on the "Stew" setting for 1 1/2 hours until the apple are fork tender.
- I like to top mine with caramel sauce and chopped pecans.
You can serve your apples for desert with a scoop of your favorite ice cream or for breakfast along side your oatmeal. You can even add this recipe to your Holiday desert menu, Enjoy!