If you want to have a taste of the Far East without having to go “that far”, go ahead and indulge yourself in this wonderful dish that’ll satisfy your need to travel far and wide – for that night that is. Ingredients:
- 1/2 cup soy sauce
- 1/2 cup dark brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon chili garlic sauce
- 1 tablespoon grated ginger
- 1 teaspoon five-spice
- 2 pounds pork shoulder, cubed
- 1 head bok choy
- 2 cups sugar snap peas
- 1/2 cup scallions, chopped
- salt and pepper to taste
- Combine all ingredients except the scallions, sugar snap peas, rice and bok choy into your VitaClay slow & rice cooker. Mix well to coat pork.
- Cover and cook on the "Stew" setting for 3 hours until pork is tender.
- 30 mins before serving cook your rice according to the package directions.
- Skim off and discard any fat from the pork. Gently fold the sugar snap peas and bok choy into the pork and cook for an additional 5 min. Salt and pepper to taste.
- Serve with rice and a sprinkle of toasted almonds.
Yields about 4-6 servings