Ingredients for Shrimp Jambalaya
Directions for Shrimp Jambalaya
- 3 tablespoons vegetable oil 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1/3 cup chopped green onion
- 3/4 cup chopped green pepper, divided 1/2 cup chopped celery
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1/4 pound diced cooked ham 2 cups chicken broth
- 1 can (14 -1/2 ounce) tomatoes, diced 1/4 cup minced parsley
- 1/2 teaspoon salt 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon dried leaf thyme
- 1/8 teaspoon chili powder or ground red pepper 1 bay leaf
- 1 cup uncooked rice
- 3/4 pound medium cooked shrimp, peeled and de-veined
- Heat oil in large heavy skillet over medium-high heat. Stir in onion, green onion, 1/2 cup chopped green pepper, celery, ham, and garlic. Cook for 5 minutes or until onion is te nder, stirring occasionally.
- Stir in chicken broth, tomatoes, parsley, salt, pepper, thyme, chili powder, and bay leaf; cover and bring to boiling.
- Mix in shrimp and remaining 1/4-cup green pepper. Simmer uncovered for 5 minutes longer. Remove bay leaf.
- Add above into cooked rice in VitaClayTM Pot gradually, stirring with a fork. Cover and simmer for 20 minutes or until flavor is enriched.
Leave a comment
Comments will be approved before showing up.