Quinoa and Steamed Salmon (Video Recipe)
- 1 ¼ tsp sugar
- ¼ tsp black pepper
- 2 Tbs light soy sauce
- 2 ½ Tbs cooking oil
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 2’’ piece fresh ginger, peeled and finely shredded
- 3 scallions, green part only, chopped
- 1 scallion, white part only, cut lengthwise into strips
- 1 ¼ lbs salmon fillet, cut crosswise into two pieces
- 4 sprigs cilantro
- 1 Cup Quinoa + 2 Cups Water
- Add water and Quinoa and set on rice cooking for 30 minutes
- Mix all ingredients (sugar, ginger, soy sauce, oil, garlic, scallions)in a bowl
- Add salmon fillet to coat each side well In last 10-15 minutes of rice cooking, add salmon fillets on top of the rice or put salmon on a small dish then place it on top of your quinoa
- Cover the lid and close the cooker.
- Continue to cook the fish and quinoa until rice cooking cycle completes. Wait for 10-15 minutes after the cooker switch to WARM, or until your fish and quinoa is cooked through.
- Transfer the fish to a platter and pour the sauce and juices on top. Garnish with the remaining scallion strips and the cilantro.
- Serve with quinoa. Enjoy!
Leave a comment
Comments will be approved before showing up.