Nourish our bodies with this easy comforting nutrient dense recipe as a perfect belly warming meal! Just toss in all ingredients and set it on soup or slow to cook for 2 hours!
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 onion chopped
- 1 garlic clove minced
- 2 carrots sliced
- 1 stalk celery sliced
- 1 pound ground beef
- 6 cups homemade beef broth or chicken bone broth
- 2 cups petite diced tomatoes 14-15 oz, undrained
- 1/2 green pepper diced
- 2/3 cup barley
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 ⁄4 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1 bay leaf
- 2 tablespoons red wine optional
- 2 tablespoons fresh parsley or 2 teaspoons dried
- salt & pepper to taste
- Cook onions and garlic in oil over medium heat until softened. Transfer to your vitaclay.
- Add the rest of ingredients in your clay pot. Set on soup or slow to cook for 2 hours.