Hungarian Goulash with Campanelle
Another version of HUNGARIAN GOULASH with Campanelle [kampaˈnɛlle] (Italian for "bellflowers" or "little bells")... this time i added bell pepper carrot in beef stew! Yum!
- 2 tbsp olive oil (divided)
- 3 tbsp butter
- 1-2 yellow onions (sliced)
- 1/4 cup good quality Sweet Hungarian Paprika
- 2 pounds stew beef (chopped into chunks)
- 6 cloves garlic (minced)
- 2 green or red bell peppers (seeded and chopped)
- 4 - 6 carrots (peeled and chopped)
- 3 tbsp tomato paste
- 2 large tomatoes (roughly chopped)
- 3-4 cups beef broth
- salt + pepper (to taste)
- 1 bay leaf
- 12 ounces egg noodles
1. Sauté onion in a large pan on a medium high heat in butter olive oil until onion is soft. Add beef garlic to brown the beef. Sprinkle paprika and stir for a minute. Transfer to your clay pot.
2. Add the rest of ingredients except pasta.
3. Set on stew to cook on slow setting for 1.5 -2 hours. Or stew setting for 2-2.5 hours.
Serve with egg noodles, fresh bread, and buttered bread, if desired.
We have other alternative goulash recipes to find here or google keywords with goulash Vitaclay, you may find a ton! Enjoy!
Leave a comment
Comments will be approved before showing up.
Also in VitaClay® Recipes