Recipe courtesy of Sweet Simple Vegan
Get ready for an easy, hearty, and vegan protein-packed meal that you can put together in 30 minutes– our Pasta with Lentils is definitely going to change the game.
Total Time: 25 minutes
Yield: 6 servings
- 2 cups fusilli pasta (gluten-free if needed)
2 cups vegetable broth (we recommend the low-sodium and oil-free Engine 2 brand)
- 1 can cooked green lentils, rinsed and drained
- 1/2 cup frozen vegetable mix
1/2 medium white onion, diced (about 1/2 cup)
- 3 cloves of garlic, minced
25 oz. oil-free marinara (we used the Whole Foods Market 365 brand)
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Fresh basil
- Cashew parmesan cheese
- Add all of the ingredients into your Vitaclay pot and mix thoroughly until uniform, making sure that the liquid is at least 1/4” above the pasta and lentils.
- Cover and set it to cook on the “white rice” setting. Cook for about 15-20 minutes, mixing halfway through. *
- Remove lid and allow the Spanish rice to cool for 5 minutes, then season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Serve with a sprinkle of vegan parmesan and fresh basil.
Image courtesy from https://sweetsimplevegan.com