Hawaiian Kalua Pork Recipe
- 4 to 6 pound boneless pork butt roast (aka: Boston Butt)*
- 1 1/2 tablespoons Hawaiian Sea Salt**
- 1 cup broth or water
- 1 tablespoon Hickory flavored liquid Smoke Flavoring or healthy alternatives (We use South African Smoke from Trader Joe's)
- Rinse and pat pork roast dry with paper towels. Place in a large baking dish and then pierce the pork several times all over (this will help the flavors absorb into the meat).
- Rub pork with the Hawaiian Sea Salt until completely covered. Use more salt if needed to cover pork as it is important to completely cover the pork with the salt rub to help seal in the juices while cooking.
- Place the salt-rubbed pork in your VitaClay pot. Pour the Liquid Smoke evenly over the top of the pork. Cover with clay lid, and close the cooker.
- Set on "Stew" for 2 hours.
- Remove from your VitaClay pot and place on a cutting board. Using a fork, shred the pork into small pieces (allowing the fat and juices to mix with the meat for an even consistency and flavor).
- Serve over steamed white rice and enjoy!
Leave a comment
Comments will be approved before showing up.