- 1 cup of fine Yellow Cornmeal
- 1 cup of Gluten Free All-purpose Flour
- 1 teaspoon of Baking Powder
- ½ teaspoon of Salt
- ½ cup (1 stick) of Butter or Soy Free Vegan Butter
- 2 Large Eggs
- 1 tablespoon of Honey or Maple Syrup
- 1 cup of Milk or Dairy free Milk of Choice
- In a large bowl, combine the cornmeal, gluten free flour, baking powder and salt. Give it a good mix and set it aside.
- Melt the butter in a sauce pan on a medium heat. Stir to completely melt it. Add melted butter, eggs, milk, honey or maple syrup in a glass bowl. Whisk it well.
- Add the cornmeal mixture into the egg-butter mix and gently fold in.
- Transfer the batter to a well-greased 6-inch cake pan. Cover it will a foil.
- Add about 3 cups of water in the VitaClay pot (VM7800-5C or -5S). Place the cake pan on a steam tray in your clay pot. The water should not touch the pan.
- Set on “FAST/STEAM” with the “- / +” to cook for 30-40 minutes.
- When cooking is done, let the cornbread cool for 10 minutes before taking it out of the pan.
- Slice and serve it warm with a pat of butter or soy free vegan butter.
Leave a comment
Comments will be approved before showing up.