Pickles enhance the flavor of this classic picnic side dish. You'll wonder how you ever made potato salad without them!
- 4 c. fresh or frozen black-eyed peas
- 2 1/2 c. chicken stock
- 1 red bell pepper, chopped
- 1 jalapeño pepper, seeded and chopped
- 1 pint yellow cherry tomatoes, halved
- 3 scallions, sliced
- 1/4 c. olive oil
- 1/4 c. apple cider vinegar
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 2 c. coarsely chopped baby spinach
- Add peas and chicken stock in VitaClay pot and set to "stew" or "fast" to cook for 30 minutes. Drain and cool 30 minutes.
- Stir together peas, peppers, tomatoes, scallions, oil, and vinegar in a bowl. Season with salt and pepper. Chill until ready to serve, at least 4 hours and up to 24 hours. Fold in spinach.