We replaced the southern traditional ingredients of lima beans, corn and onion with kalamata olives, cannellini beans and bell peppers giving this American dish more of a Mediterranean feel. Enjoy!
- 1 cup veggie broth
- 1 cup zucchini, chopped
- 1 cup red bell pepper, chopped
- ½ cup kalamata olives, pitted and halved
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 cans cannellini beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 can diced tomato with juice
- ¼ cup parsley, chopped
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 2 tablespoon lemon juice
- ¼ teaspoon black pepper
- 1 box couscous
- 2 oz feta cheese
- Place the broth, zucchini, bell pepper, olives, garlic, beans, and tomatoes in your VitaClay slow cooker. Stir well to combine.
- Cover and cook on the "Brown" setting for about 1 hour.
- While the succotash is cooking, prepare the couscous according to the package directions, minus the salt and fat.
- When cooker is done, stir in the parsley, balsamic vinegar, lemon juice and black pepper.
- Serve succotash over the couscous with a sprinkle of feta cheese.
Yields about 6-8 servings