I love the kind of recipes I can make up on the weekend and use in lunches all week long. It makes things so much easier to just have something on hand that I can throw together in the mornings or at a minute’s notice.
This creamy shredded Greek chicken is one such recipe: it’s a great filling for sandwiches or as a quick flatbread roll. Just throw it on some bread (adding lettuce or other veggies if you want), wrap it up, and you’re ready to go! This creamy, tangy dish may just become your favorite go-to pre-made sandwich filling. And with VitaClay it’s just so easy!
- 1/8 to ¼ c broth, to keep everything wet (should cover the bottom of the clay pot in a thin layer)
- 1-2 lb boneless chicken (I like to have a mix of white and dark meat, or you can choose your preference)
- 1 small red onion, sliced
- 1.5 t lemon pepper season blend
- ½ t oregano
- ¼ t cinnamon
- 1 t real salt
- ½ c sour cream
- 1 tomato, chopped
- 2 T chopped chives
- Sourdough, flat or pita bread
- Add broth and chicken to the pot
- Put onions and spices in on top
- Close, seal and cook on “stew” setting for 1-2 hours
- Shred the chicken with 2 forks
- Stir the sour cream and chives into the shredded chicken
- Serve on pitas or bread
- Save leftovers—it’s also great cold!