The first time I tried coconut rice I was visiting Thailand during the summer. Wow I was in love. So I set out to make my own.
I was surprised how easy this is, and how amazing it tasted when I made it in clay. And like with everything, I love how I can control the ingredients when I cook at home: I can source organic rice (any variety, white or brown) and pair it with any dish I like.
Coconut rice goes particularly well with stir-fried Asian dishes or any kind of curry dish. The coconut compliments these dishes in an amazing way. Try this great dish yourself—you won’t regret it!
- 1 cup rice
- 1 cup water
- 1 cup coconut milk (full fat is best)
- a dash of sea salt
- shredded coconut (optional)
- sesame seeds for garnish (optional)
- Cook your rice as normal, replacing half of the cooking water for coconut milk and adding a dash of sea salt.
- For more flavor, add in some shredded coconut to taste, and sprinkle with white or black sesame seeds before serving.
- Top with your favorite Asian stir-fry dishes or experiment with fruit for a light, sweet snack!
Coconut milk rice is easy, quick, and delicious. It's a nice change to your normal rice routine. If you enjoy a light, fragrant coconut flavor and need a versatile rice option that can be paired with both savory and sweet dishes, coconut milk rice may be just what you need!