Adapted for VitaClay from Stephanie O’Dea’s Slow Cooker Chipotle Pork Soft Tacos Suited for VitaClay Models VF7700 and VM7900 series. Image Courtesy of "Sweetest Beginnings Blog".
Who doesn’t like tacos? And when meal planning, it’s helpful to have an idea of what to cook for each day of the week, hence “Taco Tuesdays” were born!
Tacos are extremely versatile: soft or crunchy, flour or corn, with whatever choice of meat and toppings you’d like!
The possibilities are endless, so Taco Tuesdays are not likely to get old!
Here is a great recipe for Chipotle Pulled Pork Taco filling, which is adapted for VitaClay from Stephanie O’Dea’s delicious slow cooker recipe.
With VitaClay, everything tastes better, and this delicious taco recipe is no exception!
- 1 4- to 5-pound pork shoulder roast/butt (bone-in or out, your choice)
- ½ t salt
- ½ t ground black pepper
- 3 T tallow, butter or coconut oil
- 1 onion, peeled and sliced into rings
- 4 cloves garlic, chopped
- 2 T ground coriander
- 1 T cumin
- 1 T chipotle chile powder
- 3 T honey
- 1 cup orange juice
- 1 cinnamon stick
- Juice of 2 limes
- 1/2 cup chopped cilantro leaves
- Corn tortillas, for serving
- 4 cups finely shredded red cabbage
- 1 cup sour cream
- 2 cups grated cheese
- 2 avocados, diced
- Rub salt and pepper all over the roast
- Brown in oil in a large skillet over high heat (optional).
- Place the roast into VitaClay.
- In the same skillet, caramelize the onion and garlic until transparent and remove from heat.
- Whisk in the coriander, cumin, chipotle chile powder, honey and orange juice. Pour mixture evenly over the meat. Toss in the cinnamon stick.
- Cover, seal, and cook on “stew” for 3 hours.
- Shred meat completely using two large forks and stir in fresh lime juice and cilantro leaves.
- Serve in warmed corn tortillas with your desired toppings.