On this One-Pot Wednesday we have not one but two great one pot recipes for you to choose from! This is a basic one-pot recipe, and VitaClay makes it so easy!
The addition of olives and oregano give it a really great Mediterranean flavor, and the feta cheese tops it off and rounds out that unique flavor profile. So if you are looking for a dish that is new, fresh and flavorful, using ingredients you already have in the house but in a brand new way, this may be just the recipe for you. And with one-pot convenience, you don't have a lot to clean up afterwards either!
- 1 cup of orzo or rice, soaked and drained
- 2 c broth
- 1 red onion, diced
- 2 chopped tomatoes
- dried Oregano, to taste
- Crushed red pepper, to taste
- salt and pepper, to taste
- Garlic powder to taste
- 1 pound skinless, boneless chicken thighs cut into small chunks
- 2 T tomato paste
- 3 T kalamata olives, sliced
- 2 c baby spinach leaves
- 3-4 fresh basil leaves, torn
- Feta cheese
- Add all ingredients into the clay pot (except feta)
- Close seal and cook on “brown rice” setting (or “white rice if it's orzo or white rice)
- After the cooking cycle is done the machine will beep. Don't open and allow it to sit on “warm” for 15-20 minutes before opening.
- Serve, garnished with feta cheese